Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Mercy & Grace

     This week has been quieter than normal, and I'm thanking God in advance for showing me mercy before I begin a new week! Proverbs 3:3 "Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart" so stay kind and loving, and tell the truth all the time! Not when it's convenient, or you're in the mood, but bind it around your neck! Wow, when I write something on my heart, it has to be important!
     It doesn't make me feel any better to be cruel when someone has hurt me, or I'm stressed out! Acting Christ like and showing others mercy helps me handle my bad days better!
     Today I got to babysit two of my grandchildren, Calissa age 2 1/2 and Ryder age 1 1/2;  I have Eric who is special needs and is age 4. I did not have his nurse today. I kept them all happy, fed, cleaned, lots of attention and hugs! Making them laugh and truly appreciating hearing them giggle! They were loving the sounds coming from each other. This doesn't mean they didn't fuss, or that I didn't need a break! I was happy they needed a nap just so I could get some housework done. Eric needs to be put in his stander device for an hour a day, I have to feed him via g-tube, give him meds, brush his teeth, bath him, put his AFO's on his feet, change diapers, and he didn't throw up today so he had a great day! I had a great day!
     I always show him mercy, kindness, love, compassion.... Not because he is handicapped but he needs it. He deserves it. All humans do actually, all five of my grandchildren need it from me. That's how I want them to remember me when they are good and bad, happy and sad. So why do we not thrive to show that same kind of love to a person who cuts us off in traffic? Show means let them see. Be understanding or forgiving, don't take things so personal and lash out. Maybe their day is really awful and they didn't mean to cut you off?
     I remember the weeks of turmoil we went through with Eric's accident. I'm sure I drove carelessly, I'm sure I seemed spacey, as our lives were turned upside down. Huge decisions, fear, headaches, bad eating, phones ringing, wrong directions, crying, lack of sleep, arguing, and no normal routine. We were thrown out of life it seemed. So maybe we don't see others problems,  may be that is what they are going through- when they need mercy from you.  Mercy & Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment