Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Strawberry Festival Parade

It's that time again! Strawberry Festival Parade Day!
Another year gone by that I could not predict a day of! The weather has gotten cold for us Floridians, now warming right back up, yay! Landon has 2 friends overnight to go to the parade. Hillary is on a date with Benson and they will go with 2 more of her friends. Mallory has her family and bunch of friends. Ryan will stay home with Ryder and I will take Calissa. We all dress in our "berry best"! It is a tradition that we go to eat at ABC Pizza and sit by the creek on the shady side and watch the lengthy but wonderful parade! In the evening we will go back and watch the "Happy Together" tour on stage. I love the festival at night with all the lights. The whole festival goes for 11 days and Plant City changes during this time. Lots of volunteers to make it all flow and thousands of people daily coming into town!  This year I want to try these new homeade potatoe chips with strawberry sauce on them! Each year we try something new, also they have bacon on a stick dipped in pancake batter! This should be a fun year to let the grandbabies ride the rides! Paisley age 5, Calissa age 2, Cason age 2 and Ryder age 1. Then little man Eric age 4- he will probably do better at Busch Gardens.
Eric is not able to go as I took him the other day for a routine pulmonologist appt. which lead to going to USF for a check x-ray to discover his little coughs are a pneumonia- basically! But we caught it at the beginning so all is good! He probably caught this viral cold from all of us. He could go in his wheelchair for a short bit, but not if its too hot and the dust would be harmful to him right now.

Thoughts, on awesome preaching tonight- nobody can take away my beliefs or desires to serve God! The burning in my heart is priceless and Jesus put it there to save my soul! What peace that brings me when we go through turmoil. When I'm hurting and confused, I have that to comfort myself.
I wonder what this next year will bring. What plans I should be making. I haven't been able to plan our future for a couple years now as the courts have slowed it down. All my life I have been a "planner" and I'm not sure what to do now! So day by day is all I plan. Some week by week but that may be pushing it. Eric may live with us forever, or may be here in our home part-time. Until we get answers I need to learn to live more spontaneously. He certainly has had to.
No more pity party on myself!
We look forward to date nights, maybe a weekend trip to Daytona for Bike Week or Jeep Beach. Hopefully we will get a trip in May to Vegas- Greg wants to go see Donny and Marie Show! I love to just travel and go rather it is on the Harley, a plane or a train! Even the car or a cruise- with just us or the family, I love to travel!
Time for me to fall asleep, that nap I had today is messing my clock up!

No comments:

Post a Comment